We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Team
Acuity’s Business Intelligence team is comprised of people who are passionate about data. We believe accurate, timely and understandable data is vital to a data driven culture. We are devoted to aligning Acuity’s data to serve the needs of the enterprise and its customers. You will be joining a team of seasoned Business Intelligence professionals well versed in architecting bespoke BI applications and implementing Microsoft Azure BI products.
The Acuity Brands Lighting Business Intelligence team has an immediate need for a Senior Data Engineer. The right candidate is an enthusiastic individual with hands on experience creating BI solutions. This position is responsible to help the BI team leverage the Microsoft Azure stack to create stable and scalable BI solutions.
This role can be worked remotely or with us at our headquarters in Conyers, GA.
How you will contribute:
- Translate requirements into highly effective data sets and interactive and accurate reporting content
- Work with database developers, application developers, and business analyst to identify optimization opportunities
- Support data migration efforts from legacy database to Azure resources (Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DB)
- Analyze poorly performing BI reports and datasets and provide recommendations
- Ensure all BI reports and datasets meet company needs and performance standards
- Support efforts of Senior and Lead BI Developers implementing enterprise BI solutions
- Support efforts of Senior Business Analyst to delivery proof of concepts solutions to BI customers
- Research and suggest implementing applicable Microsoft Azure features and functionality
- Work within daily Agile/Scrum process for sprints across projects and operations
Qualified Applicants will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other technical/analytical field (or equivalent experience)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing principles (Kimball, Inmon, Hybrid)
- 4-7 years or more database programming experience (SQL preferred)
- 4-7 years or more of BI experience (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense/View, D3.js, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos)
- 4-7 years or more of working with Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL)
- 4-7 years or more of developing and enhancing SSIS packages
- 4-7 years or more of working with and or constructing API (Push, Get, Post)
- 4-7 years or more of advanced experience identifying and optimizing database objects
- 4-7 years or more of experience working with databases including proficiency in SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g DB2, Oracle,…etc.).
- 3 years or more experience working in Python or Scala
Why Work at Acuity Brands
Our Corporate Support team is a strategic part of the direction of our company
Our company is a profitable market leader and provides financial stability
You will work with highly talented, fun and collaborative teams
We believe in a healthy work/life balance
We offer work from home opportunities
We support continuous development through MS certification programs
Benefits program to meet the needs of you and your family
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors are important and we are committed to operating our business with high standards of ESG management
Our company culture Lights the way for you to Be Brilliant, Productive and Connected
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click and for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.