Sylvan Learning Centers of Torrance & Gardena
Making sure learning clicks for each child isn’t always easy, but its exactly what we love. If you share our passion for making learning personal and inspiring kids to thrive, we want to hear from you!
Sylvan is looking for a teacher who has classroom experience teaching reading and writing skills to work with students at our Torrance and Gardena campuses as well as online. This is a flexible 10-30 hour per week position with both morning and afternoon/evening hours available.
The successful candidate will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting in our learning centers as well as 1:1 online.
- Deliver Quality Education
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to directors and parents
- Inspire Students
- Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
State level teaching certification completed or in progress
Minimum 2-years experience working with emerging readers and writers
We look forward to hearing from you.